" I believe in treating each dog as an individual, with patience and kindness. I believe in a positive, dog friendly approach to training, but also understand the importance of rules and structure."
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE PICK OF THE LITTER DOG TRAINING?
- Nearly 20 years of professional experience in the field of dog training and behavior modification
- In business since 1997, helping dogs of all ages, breeds and skill levels with basic to advanced obedience training, as well as providing solutions to virtually any behavior problem you can think of
- Many different positive, dog friendly methods for teaching any obedience skill, as well as just as many solutions to problem behaviors
- Family oriented individual, who understands the role dogs play in the lives of children and families
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology (emphasis on Animal Learning) from the University of Washington
- Specializing in Terrier Breeds or dogs other trainers would deem "stubborn" or "untrainable"
- Extensive experience working with Dogs who are Fearful, Reactive or Aggressive with dogs or people
- Well versed in integrating Cat and Dog Households
- High level of confidence in working with Rescue or Shelter Dogs
- Received national certification as a professional dog trainer in 2006
- Personal experience in dog training extends back into the late 80's, when training methodology was largely different than what it is today
- Certified mentor trainer for the externship program with Animal Behavior College
- Certified by the American Kennel Club to evaluate dogs as Canine Good Citizens
- Continuing education in dog behavior and training from some of the worlds most renowned dog trainers and behaviorists
Jennifer shares her home in Auburn with three dogs
(a 12 year old Westie named Mischief, a 10 year old Cairn Terrier named Nutmeg, and a new German Shepherd/Lab puppy named Moose),
7 cats (Cocoa, Moonshine, Tika, Gracie, Skittles, Ellie and Bear),
her two wonderful daughters (Ashleigh, who is13 years old and Giselle who is 11 years old), and her very patient husband, Danny. Oh, and a bunny and a rat too.
We are fortunate to have found you. I appreciate your knowledge of canine behavior, your professionalism, problem solving skills, and particularly your availability to help us between sessions with emerging problems. You're a jem!
Phyllis (Bailey's owner)
Copyright, 2016, Pick of the Litter Dog Training. All rights reserved.